Marfan syndrome, a connective tissue disorder, can affect almost any part of your body, including your heart, eyes and ligaments.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
This whooshing sound in your heart is usually harmless, but in some cases heart murmurs can alert your doctor to specific heart conditions.
Tachycardia, a rapid heart rate, is caused by an abnormality in your heart's electrical impulses. Tachycardia can cause serious complications, including sudden cardiac arrest.
Tests and diagnosis
Echocardiogram allows your doctor to see your heart in motion. Here's what you need to know about the test.
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a test that provides valuable clues about your heart health. Here's what you need to know about the test.
Apr. 26, 2014
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 21; 2013.
- Mayer OH. Pectus excavatum: Etiology and evaluation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 21, 2013.
- Corain AG, et al. Pediatric Surgery. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier: 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 21; 2013.
- Jaroszewski DE, et al. Current management of pectus excavatum: A review and update of therapy and treatment recommendations. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. 2010;23:230.
- Neligan PC, et al. Plastic Surgery. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 21; 2013.
- Mayer OH. Pectus excavatum: Treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 21, 2013.
- Jaroszewski DE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 10, 2014.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 5, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.