- Expertise and experience. Pediatric and chest (thoracic) surgeons at Mayo Clinic are skilled at performing complex pectus excavatum repair surgeries in both children and adults. Mayo surgeons have performed hundreds of these procedures.
- Teamwork. Pediatric and adult specialists in cardiology, pulmonary medicine, thoracic surgery and rehabilitation medicine work together to develop the best solution to your problem.
- Latest techniques. Surgeons use the latest imaging technology and minimally invasive surgical techniques to treat people who have pectus excavatum.
- Efficient care. Diagnosing your problem, recommending treatment and starting treatment, if you desire, can all be done in a few days at Mayo.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report.
April 26, 2014
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 21; 2013.
- Mayer OH. Pectus excavatum: Etiology and evaluation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 21, 2013.
- Corain AG, et al. Pediatric Surgery. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier: 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 21; 2013.
- Jaroszewski DE, et al. Current management of pectus excavatum: A review and update of therapy and treatment recommendations. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. 2010;23:230.
- Neligan PC, et al. Plastic Surgery. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 21; 2013.
- Mayer OH. Pectus excavatum: Treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 21, 2013.
- Jaroszewski DE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 10, 2014.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 5, 2013.