Diagnosis at Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
A physical examination may be all that's needed to diagnose pectus carinatum. Chest X-rays can help document the extent of the problem.
May 16, 2014
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 23, 2014.
- Nuchtern JG, et al. Pectus carinatum. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 23, 2014.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Teens and pectus carinatum. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2010.
- Lee RI, et al. Bracing is an effective therapy for pectus carinatum: Interim results. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2013;48:184.
- Desmarais TJ, et al. Pectus carinatum. Current Opinion in Pediatrics. 2013;25:375.
- Zarroug AE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 8, 2014.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 28, 2014.