Sept. 03, 2014
Below are current clinical trials.2 studies in Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The investigator's global hypothesis is that women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) can be separated into subtypes based on their response to metformin. The investigators propose here to use both targeted and non-targeted metabolomic approach to identify pathways associated with metformin's effect on insulin sensitivity and endothelial function. This pilot project will be the foundation for developing tailored therapeutic approaches to Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and identifying novel drug targets.
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the blood chemistry, genetics, and eye exams in women with polycystic ovary syndrome and/or intracranial hypertension. Similar studies are being completed with astronauts. The results may help us better understand the nature, and ultimately the treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome, intracranial hypertension, and astronaut eye and vision issues.
- Hoffman BL, et al. Williams Gynecology. 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=768. Accessed June 2, 2014.
- Barbieri RL, et al. Clinical manifestations of polycystic ovary syndrome in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 4, 2014.
- Barbieri RL, et al. Treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 4, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. What is the initial therapy recommended for polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) fact sheet. Womenshealth.gov. http://www.womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/polycystic-ovary-syndrome.html. Accessed June 4, 2014.
- Sirmans SM, et al. Epidemiology, diagnosis, and management of polycystic ovary syndrome. Clinical Epidemiology. 2014;6:1.
- Legro RS, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome: An Endocrine Society clinical practice guideline. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2013;98:4565.
- Strauss JF, et al. Yen & Jaffe's Reproductive Endocrinology. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa. Elsevier Saunders; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 11, 2014.
- Gonzalez F. Inflammation in polycystic ovary syndrome: Underpinning of insulin resistance and ovarian dysfunction. Steroids. 2012;77:300.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 25, 2014.
- Coddington CC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 6, 2014.
- Domecq JP, et al. Lifestyle modification programs in polycystic ovary syndrome: Systematic review and meta-analysis. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2013;98:4655.