Tests and diagnosis
Cardiac catheterization is used as a test for some heart conditions and as a procedure to treat some types of heart disease. Find out more.
Echocardiogram allows your doctor to see your heart in motion. Here's what you need to know about the test.
Nov. 01, 2012
- Kutty S, et al. Patent foramen ovale. The known and the to be known. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2012;59:1665.
- McPhee SJ, et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2012. 51st ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=3671. Accessed Aug. 9, 2012.
- Grogan M (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 15, 2012.
- Bucholz S, et al. Diagnosis and management of patent foramen ovale. Postgraduate Medical Journal. 2012;88:217.
- Hara H, et al. Patent foramen ovale. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Aug. 14, 2012.
- Furie KL, et al. Guidelines for the prevention of stroke in patients with stroke or transient ischemic attack. Stroke. 2010;42:227. Accessed Aug. 12, 2012.
- Furlan AJ, et al. Closure or medical therapy for cryptogenic stroke with patent foramen ovale. New England Journal of Medicine. 2012;366:991.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.