Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Jan. 08, 2015
- Patellar tendon tear. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00512. Accessed Dec. 15, 2014.
- Beutler A, et al. Approach to the athlete or active adult with knee pain. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 15, 2014.
- Rath E, et al. Clinical signs and anatomical correlation of patellar tendinitis. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics. 2010;44:435.
- Christian RA, et al. Patellar tendinopathy: Recent developments toward treatment. Bulletin of the Hospital for Joint Diseases. 2014;72:217.
- AskMayoExpert. When are platelet-rich plasma (PRP) peripheral injections indicated for tendinopathy? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Khan K, et al. Overview of the management of overuse (chronic) tendinopathy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 15, 2014.