Overuse injuries can be avoided — if you know how to pace yourself. Follow these tips to stay injury-free.
Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Treatments and drugs
Find out what to expect during and after your cortisone shot.
Jan. 08, 2015
- Patellar tendon tear. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00512. Accessed Dec. 15, 2014.
- Beutler A, et al. Approach to the athlete or active adult with knee pain. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 15, 2014.
- Rath E, et al. Clinical signs and anatomical correlation of patellar tendinitis. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics. 2010;44:435.
- Christian RA, et al. Patellar tendinopathy: Recent developments toward treatment. Bulletin of the Hospital for Joint Diseases. 2014;72:217.
- AskMayoExpert. When are platelet-rich plasma (PRP) peripheral injections indicated for tendinopathy? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Khan K, et al. Overview of the management of overuse (chronic) tendinopathy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 15, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.