Many people with cancer benefit from education and resources designed to improve coping skills. If you have questions or would like guidance, talk with a member of your health care team. The more you know about your condition, the better you're able to participate in decisions about your care.
Support groups can put you in touch with others who have faced the same challenges you're facing. If you can't find an appropriate support group where you live, you might find one on the Internet.
Apr. 30, 2014
- NINDS paraneoplastic syndrome information page. National Institutes of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/paraneoplastic/paraneoplastic.htm. Accessed Dec. 18, 2013.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 15, 2013.
- Pelosof LC, et al. Paraneoplastic syndromes: An approach to diagnosis and treatment. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2010;85:838.
- Giometto B, et al. Treatment for paraneoplastic neuropathies (Review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://ovidsp.tx.ovid.com/sp-3.10.0b/ovidweb.cgi?&S=BOJHFPHGIFDDNBEPNCNKNAIBLMNOAA00&Link+Set=S.sh.18%7c1%7csl_50. Accessed Dec. 18, 2013.
- Titulaer MJ, et al. Screening for tumours in paraneoplastic syndromes: Report of an EFNS Task Force. European Journal of Neurology. 2011;18:19.
- Graus F, et al. Paraneoplastic neurological syndromes. Current Opinion in Neurology. 2012;25:795.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014.
https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 15, 2013.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 15, 2013.
- Daroff RB, et al. Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 15, 2013.
- van Sonderen A, et al. Paraneoplastic syndromes of the neuromuscular junction: Therapeutic options in myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome, and neuromyotonia. Current Treatment Options in Neurology. 2013;15:224.
- Tarin D. Update on clinical and mechanistic aspects of paraneoplastic syndromes. Cancer Metastasis Review. 2013;32:707.
- Schramm N, et al. Detection of underlying malignancy in patients with paraneoplastic neurological syndromes: Comparison of 18F-FDG PET/CT and contrast-enhanced CT. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. 2013;40:1014.
- NINDS dysautonomia information page. National Institutes of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/dysautonomia/dysautonomia.htm. Accessed Jan. 22, 2014.
- NINDS Isaac's syndrome information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/Isaacs_syndrome/Isaacs_syndrome.htm. Accessed Dec. 18, 2013.
- Dalmau J, et al. Overview of paraneoplastic syndromes of the nervous system. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec.18, 2013.
- Pittock SJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 14, 2010.
- U.S. News best hospitals 2013-2014. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/neurology-and-neurosurgery. Accessed Dec. 30, 2013.
- U.S. News best hospitals 2013-2014. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/pediatric-rankings/neurology-and-neurosurgery. Accessed Dec. 30, 2013.
- Lachance DH (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 15, 2014.
- Eisen A. Disorders affecting the spinal cord. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 23, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.