Many people with cancer benefit from education and resources designed to improve coping skills. If you have questions or would like guidance, talk with a member of your health care team. The more you know about your condition, the better you're able to participate in decisions about your care.
Support groups can put you in touch with others who have faced the same challenges you're facing. If you can't find an appropriate support group where you live, you might find one on the Internet.
Mar. 03, 2011
- NINDS paraneoplastic syndrome information page. National Institutes of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/paraneoplastic/paraneoplastic.htm. Accessed Oct. 4, 2010.
- Dalmau J, et al. Paraneoplastic neurologic syndromes. In: Abeloff M, et al., eds. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingston Elsevier; 2008. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/221079415-3/1062999853/1709/56.html#4-u1.0-B978-0-443-06694-8..50055-5--cesec11_1589. Accessed Oct. 4, 2010.
- Pelosof LC, et al. Paraneoplastic syndromes: An approach to diagnosis and treatment. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2010;85:838.
- Toothaker TB, et al. Paraneoplastic neurological syndromes: A review. Neurologist. Jan 2009;15:21.
- Dalmau J, et al. Paraneoplastic syndromes of the CNS. Lancet Neurology. 2008;7:327.
- Giglio P, et al. Neurologic complications of cancer and its treatment. Current Oncology Reports. 2010;12:50a.
- NINDS Isaac's syndrome information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/Isaacs_syndrome/Isaacs_syndrome.htm. Accessed Oct. 5, 2010.
- Neurological diagnostic tests and procedures. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/misc/diagnostic_tests.htm. Accessed Oct. 5, 2010.
- Therapeutic hematheresis. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec11/ch146/ch146f.html. Accessed Oct. 7, 2010.
- Passive immunization. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec14/ch169/ch169c.html?qt=immunoglobulin&alt=sh. Accessed Oct. 7, 2010.
- McKeon A, et al. Positron emission tomography-computed tomography in paraneoplastic neurologic disorders: Systematic analysis and review. Archives of Neurology. 2010;67:322.
- Pittock SJ, et al. Paraneoplastic Autoimmunity Affecting the Nervous System. In: Baehring JM, et al., eds. Brain Tumors: Practical Guide to Diagnosis and Management. New York, N.Y.: Informa Healthcare; 2007:515.
- Lachance DH, et al. Paraneoplastic neurological autoimmunity. In: Kalman B, et al., eds. Neuroimmunology in Clinical Practice. Hoboken, N.J.: Wiley-Blackwell; 2007:210.
- Harper CM, et al. Lambert-Eaton syndrome. In: Kaminski HJ. Current Clinical Neurology: Myasthenia Gravis and Related Disorders. Totowa, N.J.: Humana Press; 2009:269.
- Pittock SJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 14, 2010.