Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Oct. 12, 2016
- Pancreatitis. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/liver-disease/pancreatitis/Pages/facts.aspx. Accessed July 28, 2016.
- Pancreatitis: Acute and chronic. American College of Gastroenterology. http://patients.gi.org/topics/pancreatitis-acute-and-chronic/. Accessed July 28, 2016.
- Ferri FF. Pancreatitis, acute. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 28, 2016.
- Ferri FF. Pancreatitis, chronic. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 28, 2016.
- Feldman M, et al. Acute pancreatitis. In: Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 26, 2016.
- Complementary pancreatitis therapies. National Pancreas Foundation. https://www.pancreasfoundation.org/patientinformation/acutepancreatitis/complimentarypancreatitistherapies/. Accessed July 29, 2016.
- Brown A. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 2, 2016.
- Rajan E (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 11, 2016.
- Garcia-Alonzo FA, et al. Gallstone-related disease in the elderly: Is there room for improvement? Digestive Diseases and Sciences. 2015;60:1770.