- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience diagnosing and treating pancreatitis. Each year, more than 2,000 people receive treatment for pancreatitis at Mayo Clinic.
- Team work. At Mayo Clinic, digestive disease specialists (gastroenterologists) work as a multidisciplinary team with radiologists, surgeons and other experts to care for people with pancreatitis.
- Specialized care. Mayo Clinic has specialized pancreas clinics in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota that offer care by specialists who focus on diagnosing and treating diseases of the pancreas, including pancreatitis.
- Comprehensive treatment options. Your care team has access to virtually every tool to help diagnose and treat pancreatitis — including advanced CT and MRI imaging, endoscopic ultrasound, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), stents for draining fluid, and open and minimally invasive pancreatic surgery.
- Research. Mayo Clinic researchers have studied pancreatic disease extensively to improve diagnosis and treatment options and have published numerous articles on this subject in medical journals.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks #1 for digestive disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals, and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for digestive disorders by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for digestive disorders.
Sep. 07, 2013
- Feldman M, et al. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 17, 2013.
- Pancreatitis. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/pancreatitis. Accessed July 17, 2013.
- Understanding pancreatitis. American Gastroenterological Association. http://www.gastro.org/patient-center/digestive-conditions/pancreatitis. Accessed July 17, 2013.
- Sareen S, et al. Yoga: A tool for improving the quality of life in chronic pancreatitis. World Journal of Gastroenterology. 2007;13:391.
- Picco MF (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. Aug. 4, 2013.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 21, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.