Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Tests and diagnosis
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Sep. 08, 2012
- Feldman M, et al. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4160-6189-2..X0001-7--TOP&isbn=978-1-4160-6189-2&about=true&uniqId=229935664-2192. Accessed July 11, 2012.
- Samuelson AL, et al. Endoscopic management of pancreatic pseudocysts. Gastroenterology Clinics of North America. 2012;41:47.
- Megibow AJ, et al. The incidental pancreatic cyst. Gastroenterology Clinics of North America. 2011;49:349.
- Dewhurst CE, et al. Cystic tumors of the pancreas: Imaging and diagnosis. Gastroenterology Clinics of North America. 2012;59:467.
- Khan A, et al. Cystic lesions of the pancreas. American Journal of Roentgenology. 2011;196:W668.
- Habashi S, et al. Pancreatic pseudocyst. World Journal of Gastroenterology. 2009;15:38.
- AskMayoExpert. How common are pancreatic lesions? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- AskMayoExpert. When should patients with pancreatic cystic lesions be referred for subspecialty evaluation? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- AskMayoExpert. When are patients with mucinous cystic neoplasms considered for operative or interventional procedures? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.