Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Blood clots can be associated with serious conditions, and they can threaten your health if they travel through your blood vessels.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Take control of your mood and health. Explore the many depression treatment options and learn coping skills.
Infant jaundice, a yellowing of the skin and eyes, is common after birth. Careful monitoring and treatment is important for preventing rare, but serious, complications.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Find out what to expect during a needle biopsy.
If you or a loved one has a serious illness, palliative care might be an option. Understand the benefits of palliative care.
Nov. 22, 2014
- What you need to know about cancer of the pancreas. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/wyntk/pancreas. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Abeloff MD, et al. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2008. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Tarceva (prescribing information). Farmingdale, N.Y.: OSI Pharmaceuticals Inc.; 2013. http://www.tarceva.com/patient/considering/index.jsp. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Clark KL, et al. Psychological distress in patients with pancreatic cancer — An understudied group. Psycho-Oncology. 2010;19:1313.
- Distress management. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Pancreatic SPOREs. National Cancer Institute. http://trp.cancer.gov/spores/pancreatic.htm. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- EGRP-supported epidemiology consortia. National Cancer Institute. http://epi.grants.cancer.gov/Consortia/single/pacgene.html. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Gastrointestinal genetic epidemiology — Gloria M. Petersen. Mayo Clinic. http://mayoresearch.mayo.edu/petersen_lab/index.cfm. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Shimosegawa T, et al. International consensus diagnostic criteria for autoimmune pancreatitis: Guidelines of the International Association of Pancreatology. Pancreas. 2011;40:352.
- Sugumar A, et al. Distinguishing pancreatic cancer from autoimmune pancreatitis. Current Gastroenterology Reports. 2010;12:91.
- Kendrick ML, et al. Total laparoscopic pancreaticoduodenectomy. Archives of Surgery. 2010;145:19.
- Townsend CM Jr, et al. Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 12, 2013.
- Estimated number of new cancer cases and deaths by sex, US, 2013. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/research/cancerfactsstatistics/cancerfactsfigures2013/index. Accessed Sept. 4, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.