Infant jaundice, a yellowing of the skin and eyes, is common after birth. Careful monitoring and treatment is important for preventing rare, but serious, complications.
Coping and support
If you or a loved one has a serious illness, palliative care might be an option. Understand the benefits of palliative care.
Take control of your mood and health. Explore the many depression treatment options and learn coping skills.
Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Tests and diagnosis
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Find out what to expect during a needle biopsy.
Ultrasound imaging uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of structures in your body.
Treatments and drugs
Mar. 27, 2014
- What you need to know about cancer of the pancreas. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/wyntk/pancreas. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Abeloff MD, et al. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2008. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Tarceva (prescribing information). Farmingdale, N.Y.: OSI Pharmaceuticals Inc.; 2013. http://www.tarceva.com/patient/considering/index.jsp. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Clark KL, et al. Psychological distress in patients with pancreatic cancer — An understudied group. Psycho-Oncology. 2010;19:1313.
- Distress management. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Pancreatic SPOREs. National Cancer Institute. http://trp.cancer.gov/spores/pancreatic.htm. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- EGRP-supported epidemiology consortia. National Cancer Institute. http://epi.grants.cancer.gov/Consortia/single/pacgene.html. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Gastrointestinal genetic epidemiology — Gloria M. Petersen. Mayo Clinic. http://mayoresearch.mayo.edu/petersen_lab/index.cfm. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Shimosegawa T, et al. International consensus diagnostic criteria for autoimmune pancreatitis: Guidelines of the International Association of Pancreatology. Pancreas. 2011;40:352.
- Sugumar A, et al. Distinguishing pancreatic cancer from autoimmune pancreatitis. Current Gastroenterology Reports. 2010;12:91.
- Kendrick ML, et al. Total laparoscopic pancreaticoduodenectomy. Archives of Surgery. 2010;145:19.
- Townsend CM Jr, et al. Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 12, 2013.
- Estimated number of new cancer cases and deaths by sex, US, 2013. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/research/cancerfactsstatistics/cancerfactsfigures2013/index. Accessed Sept. 4, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.