Are you worried you might have chlamydia? Find out how this common sexually transmitted infection is diagnosed and treated.
Perimenopause — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment, self-care of this life transition for women.
Vaginitis is an irritating inflammation of the vagina often caused by fungi (yeasts), bacteria or parasites. Treatment depends on the type of vaginitis you have.
Tests and diagnosis
A pelvic exam may be done as a part of a routine checkup to evaluate your gynecologic health or to help diagnose a medical condition.
Jan. 24, 2015
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2015: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 6, 2014.
- Ebert MH, et al. Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Psychiatry. 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2008. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=10. Accessed Dec. 8, 2014.
- Stewart EG. Differential diagnosis of sexual pain in women. http://www.uptodate.com/home/. Accessed Dec. 8, 2014.
- Lenz GM, et al. Comprehensive Gynecology. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinickey.com. Accessed Dec. 6, 2014.
- Dyspareunia. The Merck Manual Professional Edition. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/gynecology_and_obstetrics/sexual_dysfunction_in_women/dyspareunia.html?qt=dyspareunia&alt=sh. Accessed Dec. 8, 2014.
- Bachmann G, et al. Treatment of vaginal atrophy. http://www.uptodate.com/home/. Accessed Dec. 8, 2014.
- Rohren CH (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 9, 2014.