Until vaginal penetration becomes less painful and bothersome, you and your partner might find other ways to be intimate. Sensual massage, kissing and mutual masturbation offer alternatives to intercourse that might be more comfortable, more fulfilling and more fun than your regular routine.
Jan. 24, 2015
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2015: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 6, 2014.
- Ebert MH, et al. Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Psychiatry. 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2008. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=10. Accessed Dec. 8, 2014.
- Stewart EG. Differential diagnosis of sexual pain in women. http://www.uptodate.com/home/. Accessed Dec. 8, 2014.
- Lenz GM, et al. Comprehensive Gynecology. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinickey.com. Accessed Dec. 6, 2014.
- Dyspareunia. The Merck Manual Professional Edition. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/gynecology_and_obstetrics/sexual_dysfunction_in_women/dyspareunia.html?qt=dyspareunia&alt=sh. Accessed Dec. 8, 2014.
- Bachmann G, et al. Treatment of vaginal atrophy. http://www.uptodate.com/home/. Accessed Dec. 8, 2014.
- Rohren CH (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 9, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.