After detecting a suspicious breast lump, your doctor recommends a breast biopsy. Find out what's involved in the procedure.
Breast lumps don't always mean cancer — in fact, most of the time, they're noncancerous. Find out what other conditions can cause breast lumps.
Mammography can lead to detection of breast cancer at its earliest and most treatable stage.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Mar. 27, 2013
- AskMayoExpert. How is Paget disease of the breast treated? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- AskMayoExpert. What are the clinical findings of Paget disease of the breast? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- AskMayoExpert. Paget disease of the breast: Key facts. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Paget disease of the breast. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Sites-Types/paget-breast. Accessed Feb. 11, 2013.
- Papadakis MA, et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2013. 52nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=1. Accessed Feb. 10, 2013.
- Karakas C. Paget's disease of the breast. Journal of Carcinogenesis. 2011;10:31.
- Goldsmith LA, et al., eds. Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=740. Accessed Feb. 10, 2013.
- Dominici LS, et al. Current surgical approach to Paget's disease. American Journal of Surgery. 2012;204:18.
- Breast cancer risk in American women fact sheet. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/detection/probability-breast-cancer. Accessed Feb. 10, 2013.
- What is breast cancer? American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/breastcancer/detailedguide/breast-cancer-what-is-breast-cancer. Accessed Feb. 10, 2013.
- How is breast cancer treated? American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/breastcancer/overviewguide/breast-cancer-overview-treating-surgery. Accessed Feb. 11, 2013.
- Can breast cancer be prevented? American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/breastcancer/overviewguide/breast-cancer-overview-prevention. Accessed Feb. 11, 2013.
- Coping with cancer in everyday life. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatmentsandsideeffects/emotionalsideeffects/copingwithcancerineverydaylife/index. Accessed Feb. 21, 2013.
- After a breast cancer diagnosis: Questions to ask your doctor. Cancercare. http://www.cancercare.org/publications/46-after_a_breast_cancer_diagnosis_questions_to_ask_your_doctor. Accessed Feb. 25, 2013.
- Breast cancer: Coping with your changing feelings. Cancercare. http://www.cancercare.org/publications/88-breast_cancer_coping_with_your_changing_feelings. Accessed Feb. 25, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.