Although there's no way to prevent ovarian cysts, regular pelvic examinations help ensure that changes in your ovaries are diagnosed as early as possible. Be alert to changes in your monthly cycle, including unusual menstrual symptoms, especially ones that persist for more than a few cycles. Talk to your doctor about changes that concern you.
July 24, 2017
- Frequently asked questions. Gynecologic problems FAQ075. Ovarian cysts. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Ovarian-Cysts. Accessed May 2, 2017.
- Muto MG. Approach to the patient with an adnexal mass. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 2, 2017.
- Ovarian cysts fact sheet. Office on Women's Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. http://www.womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/ovarian-cysts.html. Accessed May 2, 2017.
- Sharp HT. Evaluation and management of ruptured ovarian cyst. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 2, 2017.
- Muto MG. Management of the adnexal mass. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 2, 2017.