The minipill, which doesn't contain estrogen, is an easily reversible method of birth control.
At some point, many women experience painful intercourse — for many different reasons. Here's how to discuss the problem and get treatment.
A pelvic exam may be done as a part of a routine checkup to evaluate your gynecologic health or to help diagnose a medical condition.
Pelvic pain: Symptom — Overview covers definition and causes of pelvic pain.
Ultrasound imaging uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of structures in your body.
Aug. 13, 2014
- Ovarian cysts. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/~/media/For%20Patients/faq075.pdf?dmc=1&ts=20140523T1226073428. Accessed May 23, 2014.
- Lentz GM, et al. Comprehensive Gynecology. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 24, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 24, 2014.
- Liu JH, et al. Management of the adnexal mass. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2011;117:1413.
- Muto MG. Management of the adnexal mass. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 23, 2014.
- Hoffman MS. Differential diagnosis of the adnexal mass. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 28, 2014.
- Muto MG. Approach to the patient with an adnexal mass. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 23, 2014.
- Ovarian cysts fact sheet. Office on Women's Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. http://www.womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/ovarian-cysts.html. Accessed May 23, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.