A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Sep. 21, 2012
- Skinner HB, ed. Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Orthopedics. 4th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2006. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=2315794. Accessed Aug. 4, 2012.
- Chambers HG, et al. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons clinical practice guideline on: The diagnosis and treatment of osteochondritic dissecans. Rosemont, Ill.: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://www.aaos.org/research/guidelines/OCDGuideline.asp. Accessed Aug. 3, 2012.
- Moktassi A, et al. Imaging of osteochondritis dissecans. Orthopedic Clinics of North America. 2012;43:201.
- Greiwe RM, et al. Pediatric sports elbow injuries. Clinics in Sports Medicine. 2010;29:677.
- Knee problems. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Knee_Problems/default.asp#15. Accessed Aug. 4, 2012.
- Vannini F, et al. "One step" treatment of juvenile osteochondritis dissecans in the knee: Clinical results and T2 mapping characterization. Orthopedic Clinics of North America. 2012;43:237.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.