With gentle movements and focused breathing, tai chi helps reduce stress and anxiety. See if it's right for you.
Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Treatments and drugs
Learn how to prepare for your hip replacement. Find out what happens during surgery.
Find out what to expect before, during and after knee replacement surgery.
Apr. 09, 2013
- Osteoarthritis. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Osteoarthritis/default.asp. Accessed Feb. 13, 2013.
- Goldman L, et al. Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/191371208-2/0/1492/0.html#. Accessed Feb. 13, 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. Osteoarthritis. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Frontera WR, et al. Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Musculoskeletal Disorders, Pain, and Rehabilitation. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2008. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1678/0.html. Accessed Feb. 13, 2013.
- Kalunian KC. Risk factors and possible causes of osteoarthritis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 13, 2013.
- Firestein GS, et al. Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1807/0.html. Accessed Feb. 13, 2013.
- Kalunian KC. Diagnosis and classification of osteoarthritis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 13, 2013.
- Total knee replacement. American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00389. Accessed Feb. 15, 2013.
- Lorig K, et al. The Arthritis Helpbook. 6th ed. Cambridge, Mass.: Da Capo Press; 2006.