Tests and diagnosis
Ultrasound imaging uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of structures in your body.
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Sep. 09, 2014
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2015: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 18, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. What are the causes or types of scrotal masses? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Wein AJ, et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 22, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. What evaluation and treatment are indicated for orchitis as a cause of pediatric testicular or scrotal pain? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Eyre RC, et al. Evaluation of the acute scrotum in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 18, 2014.
- Schaeffer AJ. Complications of urinary bladder catheters and preventive strategies. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 18, 2014.
- Castle EP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, Ariz. Aug. 13, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.