Itching, sneezing and swelling: Find out what's causing your allergy symptoms.
Gingivitis is a mild form of gum disease that causes inflammation and bleeding. Untreated, it can lead to periodontitis, a far more serious condition.
Lichen planus is an inflammatory disorder that results in lesions on the skin or mucous membranes.
Mar. 08, 2013
- Lichen planus. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec10/ch116/ch116g.html. Accessed Feb. 4, 2013.
- Patil A, et al. Oral bullous lichen planus: Case report and review of management. Contemporary Clinical Dentistry. 2012;3:344.
- Lehman JS, et al. Lichen planus. International Journal of Dermatology. 2009;48:682.
- Farhi D, et al. Pathophysiology, etiologic factors, and clinical management of oral lichen planus. Part I: Facts and controversies. Clinics in Dermatology. 2010;28:100.
- Brewer JD, et al. Lichen planus and cicatrical conjunctivitis: Disease course and response to therapy of 11 patients. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. 2011;25:100.
- Lichen planus. American Academy of Dermatology. http://www.aad.org/skin-conditions/dermatology-a-to-z/lichen-planus/lichen-planus. Accessed Feb. 4, 2013.
- Gibson LE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 8, 2013.
- Bruce AJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 25, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.