Poor color vision — sometimes called colorblindness — means you can't distinguish between certain shades of color. An eye doctor can quickly detect this deficiency.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Feb. 18, 2014
- Osborne B, et al. Optic neuritis: Pathophysiology, clinical features, and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 9, 2013.
- Osborne B, et al. Optic neuritis: Prognosis and treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 9, 2013.
- Riordan-Eva P, et al. Vaughan & Asbury's General Ophthalmology. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=720. Accessed Sept. 9, 2013.
- Pau D, et al. Optic neuritis. Eye. 2011;25:833.
- Optic neuritis. The Transverse Myelitis Association. http://myelitis.org/symptoms-conditions/optic-neuritis/. Accessed Sept. 9, 2013.
- Osborne BJ, et al. Optic neuritis and the risk of MS: Differential diagnosis and management. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine. 2009;76:181.
- Aminoff MJ, et al. Clinical Neurology. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=66. Accessed Sept. 9, 2013.