Mayo Clinic's experts provide comprehensive care for adults and children with odontogenic cysts and tumors.
- Experience and teamwork. Mouth, jaw and face (oral and maxillofacial) surgeons have significant experience in diagnosing and treating odontogenic cysts and tumors, including reconstruction. For some cases, other specialties, such as maxillofacial prosthodontics, may also be part of the treatment team.
- Latest techniques and technologies. Mayo Clinic experts treat people who have odontogenic cysts and tumors with the help of sophisticated imaging and advanced surgical techniques such as computer-assisted surgical navigation.
- Expert, personalized care. With extensive expertise in treating odontogenic cysts and tumors, including the most complicated cases, Mayo Clinic specialists provide a customized treatment plan.
Learn more about the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery as well as the prosthodontics specialty group at Mayo Clinic.
Dec. 12, 2015
- Shah JP, et al. Bone tumors and odontogenic lesions. In: Jatin Shah's Head and Neck Surgery and Oncology. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier/Mosby; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 16, 2015.
- McClary AC, et al. Ameloblastoma: A clinical review and trends in management. European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00405-015-3631-8. Accessed Sept. 17, 2015.
- Menon S. Keratocystic odontogenic tumours: Etiology, pathogenesis and treatment revisited. Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery. 2015;14:541.
- De Melo Pino LV, et al. Basal cell nevus syndrome: Clinical and molecular review and case report. International Journal of Dermatology. In press. Accessed Nov. 10, 2015.
- Barankin B, et al. Nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 16, 2015.
- de Souza JGO, et al. Treatment of odontogenic myxoma: A multidisciplinary approach — 6 year follow-up case. Case Reports in Dentistry. 2014. http://www.hindawi.com/journals/crid/2014/795808. Accessed Sept. 16, 2015.
- Manne RK, et al. Odontogenic myxoma of the mandible. Case Reports in Dentistry. 2012. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2012/214704. Accessed Sept. 17, 2015.
- Pogrel AM. The diagnosis and management of giant cell lesions on the jaws. Annals of Maxillofacial Surgery. 2012;2:102.
- Sun L, et al. Multiple complex odontoma of the maxilla and the mandible. Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology. 2015;120:1.
- Abdul M, et al. Case report: Compound composite odontoma and its management. Case Reports in Dentistry. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/107089. Accessed Sept. 17, 2015.
- Gohel A, et al. Benign jaw lesions. Dental Clinics of North America. 2016;60:125.
- Fillmore J (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 10, 2015.
Odontogenic cysts and tumors