Inflamed eyelids? It could be blepharitis. Explore the symptoms, causes and treatments of blepharitis.
Rosacea causes facial redness and bumps that may be mistaken for acne or alcohol abuse. Early diagnosis and treatment offer hope for managing the symptoms.
A sty is a bacterial infection near the root of an eyelash, resulting in a painful lump on the edge or inside of your eyelid.
Jun. 29, 2012
- Rosacea. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Rosacea/default.asp. Accessed May 14, 2012.
- Bron A. Ocular rosacea. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed May 14, 2012.
- Riordan-Eva P, et al. Vaughan & Asbury's General Ophthalmology. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=55781421. Accessed May 14, 2012.
- Webster GF. Rosacea. Medical Clinics of North America. 2009;93:1183.
- Paralejo B, et al. Dermatologic and allergic conditions of the eyelid. Immunology and Allergy Clinics of North America. 2008;28:137.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.