Rosacea causes facial redness and bumps that may be mistaken for acne or alcohol abuse. Early diagnosis and treatment offer hope for managing the symptoms.
A sty is a bacterial infection near the root of an eyelash, resulting in a painful lump on the edge or inside of your eyelid.
June 29, 2012
- Rosacea. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Rosacea/default.asp. Accessed May 14, 2012.
- Bron A. Ocular rosacea. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed May 14, 2012.
- Riordan-Eva P, et al. Vaughan & Asbury's General Ophthalmology. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=55781421. Accessed May 14, 2012.
- Webster GF. Rosacea. Medical Clinics of North America. 2009;93:1183.
- Paralejo B, et al. Dermatologic and allergic conditions of the eyelid. Immunology and Allergy Clinics of North America. 2008;28:137.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.