Rosacea causes facial redness and bumps that may be mistaken for acne or alcohol abuse. Early diagnosis and treatment offer hope for managing the symptoms.
June 05, 2015
- Questions and answers about rosacea. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Rosacea/default.asp. Accessed March 31, 2015.
- Bron A. Ocular rosacea. http://www.uptodate.com. Accessed March 31, 2015.
- Riordan-Eva P, et al. Conjunctiva and tears. In: Vaughan & Asbury's General Ophthalmology. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed March 31, 2015.
- Rosacea. American Academy of Dermatology. https://www.aad.org/dermatology-a-to-z/diseases-and-treatments/q---t/rosacea/signs-symptoms. Accessed April 2, 2015.
- Webster GF. Rosacea. Medical Clinics of North America. 2009;93:1183.
- Geerling G, et al. The international workshop on meibomian gland dysfunction: Report of the subcommittee on management and treatment of meibomian gland dysfunction. Investigations in Ophthalmology and Visual Science. 2011;52:2050.
- Robertson DM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 18, 2015.