- Expertise and experience. Mayo Clinic specialists work with more than 700 people who have OCD each year to develop a customized treatment plan to manage OCD symptoms and improve quality of life.
- Compassionate specialists. Mayo Clinic specialists take the time to listen thoroughly to understand your needs, using a personalized approach.
- Unique, successful program for children and teens. Through the Pediatric Anxiety Disorders Clinic, Mayo Clinic in Minnesota offers an innovative, intensive five-day OCD treatment program for children and teens. Pioneered by Mayo psychologists, the program provides exposure and response prevention treatment (ERP), a form of cognitive behavioral therapy that helps reduce OCD symptoms. ERP can be the most effective option for children when carried out correctly by an experienced therapist.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for psychiatry by U.S. News & World Report.
Aug. 09, 2013
- Golden, AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 4, 2013.
- Obsessive-compulsive and related disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed July 1, 2013.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder. American Psychiatric Association. http://www.psychiatry.org/obsessive-compulsive-disorder. Accessed July 1, 2013.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder. National Alliance on Mental Illness. http://www.nami.org/Template.cfm?Section=By_Illness&Template=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=142546. Accessed July 1, 2013.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/psychiatric_disorders/anxiety_disorders/obsessive-compulsive_disorder_ocd.html?qt=obsessive-compulsive disorder&alt=sh. Accessed July 1, 2013.
- What is obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)? National Institute of Mental Health. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/obsessive-compulsive-disorder-ocd/index.shtml. Accessed July 1, 2013.
- Simpson HB. Obsessive-compulsive disorder in adults: Epidemiology, pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, course, and diagnosis. www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 1, 2013.
- Mental health medications. National Institute of Mental Health. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/mental-health-medications/complete-index.shtml. Accessed May 14, 2013.
- Managing anxiety. Anxiety and Depression Association of America. http://www.adaa.org/living-with-anxiety/managing-anxiety. Accessed July 1, 2013.
- Biggs BK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 15, 2013.
- Whiteside SP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 16, 2013.
- Buss Preszler LK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 8, 2013.
- 2012-2013 Research report: Psychiatry and psychology. Mayo Clinic. http://www.mayo.edu/pmts/mc0700-mc0799/mc0710-11.pdf. Accessed July 22, 2013.