Here's some information to help you get ready for your appointment and know what to expect from your doctor.
What you can do
- Write down your symptoms, including when the illness began and the frequency of the vomiting and diarrhea.
- Make a list of all your medications, vitamins or supplements.
- Write down your key medical information, including other conditions.
- Write down key personal information, including any recent changes or stressors in your life.
- Write down questions to ask your doctor.
Questions to ask your doctor
- What's the most likely cause of my symptoms?
- What treatments can help?
- How can I avoid spreading my illness to other people?
In addition to the questions that you've prepared to ask your doctor, don't hesitate to ask questions during your appointment.
What to expect from your doctor
Your doctor is likely to ask you a number of questions. Being ready to answer them may make time to go over points you want to spend more time on. You may be asked:
- When did you or your child first begin experiencing symptoms?
- How frequent are the vomiting and diarrhea?
- Does the vomit or diarrhea contain mucus, blood or a dark green fluid (bile)?
- Have you or your child had a fever?