Tests and diagnosis
Genetic testing is used to detect altered genes that may cause illness or disease. Although genetic testing can offer important health information, it has limitations.
Aug. 03, 2013
- Roberts AE, et al. Noonan syndrome. The Lancet. 2013;381:333.
- Chacko E, et al. Update on Turner and Noonan syndromes. Endocrinology Metabolism Clinics of North America. 2012;41:713.
- Noonan syndrome. Genetics Home Reference. http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/noonan-syndrome. Accessed June 8, 2013.
- Learning about Noonan syndrome. National Human Genome Research Institute. http://www.genome.gov/pfv.cfm?pageID=25521674. Accessed June 8, 2013.
- Romano AA, et al. Noonan syndrome: Clinical features, diagnosis, and management guidelines. Pediatrics. 2010;126:745.
- Reye's syndrome information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/reyes_syndrome/reyes_syndrome.htm. Accessed June 8, 2013.
- Hoecker JL (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 27, 2013.