Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, dermatologists, general surgeons, oncologists, pathologists, plastic surgeons, radiation oncologists and radiologists form a multidisciplinary team to care for people with nonmelanoma skin cancer. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience diagnosing and treating nonmelanoma skin cancer, including very rare types of this disease. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors care for thousands of people with nonmelanoma skin cancer.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals. The range of treatments offered to people with nonmelanoma skin cancer includes surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, photodynamic therapy and targeted drug therapy.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
April 12, 2014
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 30, 2013.
- Habif TP. Clinical Dermatology: A Color Guide to Diagnosis and Therapy. 5th ed. Edinburgh, U.K.; New York, N.Y.: Mosby Elsevier; 2010. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 30, 2013.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 24, 2013.