Lifestyle and home remedies
Humidifiers can provide soothing relief of dry skin, asthma and other conditions during the winter months. But don't let yours become a household health hazard.
Runny nose: What's causing your sniffles?
Tests and diagnosis
Itching, sneezing and swelling: Find out what's causing your allergy symptoms.
Feb. 19, 2013
- Nonallergic rhinitis (vasomotor rhinitis). American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. http://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/conditions-dictionary/nonallergic-rhinitis-vasomotor.aspx. Accessed Nov. 20, 2012.
- Greiner AN, et al. Overview of the treatment of allergic rhinitis and nonallergic rhinopathy. Proceedings of the American Thoracic Society. 2011;8:121.
- Bope ET, et al. Conn's Current Therapy. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4377-0986-5..C2009-0-38984-9--TOP&isbn=978-1-4377-0986-5&about=true&uniqId=236797353-5. Accessed Nov. 20, 2012.
- Primary amebic meningoencephalitis (PAM): Prevention and control. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/naegleria/preventioan.html. Accessed Nov. 20, 2012.
- Kaliner MA. Nonallergic Rhinopathy (formerly known as vasomotor rhinitis). Immunology and Allergy Clinics of North America. 2011;31:441.
- Schroer B, et al. Nonallergic rhinitis: Common problem, common symptoms. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine. 2012;79:285.
- Bernstein JA, et al. A randomized, double-blind, parallel trial comparing capsaicin nasal spray with placebo in subjects with a significant component of nonallergic rhinitis. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. 2011;107:171.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.