Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Learn about the most common biopsy procedures and how they're used to diagnose cancer.
An occasional cough is normal and healthy. A cough that persists for weeks signals an underlying problem.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Swollen lymph nodes usually indicate an infection, particularly in children. However, there are many causes, ranging from the common cold to cancer.
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Jul. 26, 2013
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphomas. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed May 29, 2013.
- Hoffman R, et al. Hematology: Basic Principles and Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?about=true&eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-443-06715-0..X5001-8--TOP&isbn=978-0-443-06715-0&uniqId=230100505-56. Accessed May 29, 2013.
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. http://www.lls.org/resourcecenter/freeeducationmaterials/lymphoma/nonhodgkin. Accessed May 29, 2013.
- What you need to know about non-Hodgkin lymphoma. National Cancer Institute. http://cancer.gov/cancertopics/wyntk/non-hodgkin-lymphoma. Accessed May 29, 2013.
- Taking time: Support for people with cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://cancer.gov/cancertopics/takingtime. Accessed May 28, 2013.
- Lymphoma SPOREs. National Cancer Institute. http://trp.cancer.gov/spores/lymphoma.htm. Accessed May 29, 2013.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 24, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.