Tests and diagnosis
Eye exam — Overview covers definition, what to expect and results of vision testing.
Genetic testing is used to detect altered genes that may cause illness or disease. Although genetic testing can offer important health information, it has limitations.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Treatments and drugs
Jan. 03, 2013
- Neurofibromatosis fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/neurofibromatosis/detail_neurofibromatosis.htm. Accessed Oct. 12, 2012.
- Torpy JM, et al. Neurofibromatosis. Journal of the American Medical Association. 2009;302:2170.
- Plon SE. Neurofibromatosis type 1 (von Recklinghausen's disease). http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Oct. 12, 2012.
- Evans DG. Neurofibromatosis type 2. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Oct. 12, 2012.
- Dashe JF, et al. Overview of schwannomatosis. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Oct. 12, 2012.
- Schwannomatosis. Neurofibromatosis Network. http://www.nfnetwork.org/understanding-nf/what-is-nf/schwannomatosis. Accessed Oct. 16, 2012.
- Ferner RE. The neurofibromatoses. Practical Neurology. 2010;10:82.
- Find a local chapter. Children's Tumor Foundation. http://www.ctf.org/Chapter-Resources/Find-a-Local-Chapter-or-Affiliate.html. Accessed Oct. 19, 2012.
- Local groups. Neurofibromatosis Network. http://www.nfnetwork.org/nf-community-near-you/local-groups. Accessed Oct. 19, 2012.
- Babovic-Vuksanovic D (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 26, 2012.