Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Unexplained weight loss: Symptom — Overview covers possible causes of unexplained weight loss.
Tests and diagnosis
Aspiration and biopsy are procedures to collect and examine bone marrow. These tests can help diagnose some cancers and other conditions.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Ultrasound imaging uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of structures in your body.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Treatments and drugs
Nov. 20, 2012
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1608/0.html. Accessed Sept. 19, 2012.
- Davenport KP, et al. Pediatric malignancies: Neuroblastoma, Wilm's tumor, hepatoblastoma, rhabdomyosarcoma and sacroccygeal teratoma. Surgical Clinics of North America. 2012;92:745.
- Abeloff MD, et al. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2008. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-4/0/1709/0.html. Accessed Sept. 19, 2012.
- Neuroblastoma treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/neuroblastoma/patient. Accessed Sept. 19, 2012.
- NageswaraRao AA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 1, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.