- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, pediatric oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists and surgeons work as a multidisciplinary team to treat neuroblastoma. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Neuroblastoma is an uncommon type of cancer. Mayo Clinic doctors have experience treating many cases of neuroblastoma.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your child's treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your child's needs and goals. The range of treatments offered to children with neuroblastoma includes chemotherapy, radiation, surgery and stem cell transplant.
- Access to experimental treatments. Mayo Clinic's cutting-edge cancer research gives children with neuroblastoma access to new potential treatment discoveries. Mayo Clinic also participates in cooperative clinical research trial networks, including the Children's Oncology Group.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Nov. 20, 2012
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1608/0.html. Accessed Sept. 19, 2012.
- Davenport KP, et al. Pediatric malignancies: Neuroblastoma, Wilm's tumor, hepatoblastoma, rhabdomyosarcoma and sacroccygeal teratoma. Surgical Clinics of North America. 2012;92:745.
- Abeloff MD, et al. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2008. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-4/0/1709/0.html. Accessed Sept. 19, 2012.
- Neuroblastoma treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/neuroblastoma/patient. Accessed Sept. 19, 2012.
- NageswaraRao AA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 1, 2012.