Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Runny nose: What's causing your sniffles?
Snoring may be just a nighttime annoyance, or it may indicate a more serious health condition. It can also disrupt your life and relationships.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Itching, sneezing and swelling: Find out what's causing your allergy symptoms.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
March 08, 2014
- Nasal polyps. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/ear_nose_and_throat_disorders/nose_and_paranasal_sinus_disorders/nasal_polyps.html. Accessed Oct. 15, 2013.
- Kalish L, et al. Topical steroids for nasal polyps. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD006549.pub2/abstract. Accessed Oct. 15, 2013.
- DeMarcantonio MA, et al. Nasal polyps: Pathogenesis and treatment implications. Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America. 2011;44:685.
- Diagnosis and treatment of respiratory illness in children and adults. Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement. https://www.icsi.org/guidelines__more/catalog_guidelines_and_more/catalog_guidelines/catalog_respiratory_guidelines/respiratory_illness/. Accessed Oct. 15, 2013.
- Aring AM, et al. Acute rhinosinusitis in adults. American Family Physician. 2011;83:1057.
- Adkinson NF, et al. Middleton's Allergy: Principles and Practice. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 15, 2013.
- Bhattacharyya N. Clinical presentation, diagnosis, and treatment of nasal obstruction. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 15, 2013.
- Naegleria fowleri. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/naegleria/. Accessed Oct. 15, 2013.