If you believe you or your child may have naegleria infection, seek immediate medical attention. You might want to make a list of answers to the following questions to tell your doctor:
Aug. 04, 2012
- What are the signs and symptoms?
- When did they start?
- Does anything make them better or worse?
- Has the person been swimming in freshwater within the past two weeks?
- Parasites — Naegleria. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/naegleria/index.html. Accessed April 19, 2012.
- Long SS, et al. Principles and Practice of Pediatric Infectious Diseases. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2008. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/177544974-4/936603208/1679/273.html#4-u1.0-B978-0-443-06687-0..50272-1_4741. Accessed April 24, 2011.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/page.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4377-0755-7..00272-4&isbn=978-1-4377-0755-7&uniqId=331103986-4#4-u1.0-B978-1-4377-0755-7..00272-4--s0010. Accessed April 20, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.