Mayo Clinic researchers actively engage in clinical and lab research related to myocarditis. Researchers work closely with doctors to develop new tests and therapies to diagnose and treat people who have myocarditis. Doctors at Mayo Clinic helped to determine national guidelines in the role of endomyocardial biopsy in the diagnosis and treatment of myocarditis and other cardiovascular diseases.
Read more about research in the Cardiovascular Research Center.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on myocarditis on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
July 12, 2017
- AskMayoExpert. Myocarditis. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Cooper LT. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of myocarditis in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 17, 2017.
- Bozkurt B, et al. Current diagnostic and treatment strategies for specific dilated cardiomyopathies: A scientific statement from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2016;134:e579.
- Cooper LT. Etiology and pathogenesis of myocarditis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 17, 2017.
- Fung G, et al. Myocarditis. Circulation Research. 2016;118:496.
- Krejci J, et al. Inflammatory cardiomyopathy: A current view on the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment. Biomed Research International. 2016;2016:1.
- Cooper LT. Treatment and prognosis of myocarditis in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 17, 2017.
- Allan CK, et al. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of myocarditis in children. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 20, 2017.
- Bonow RO, et al. Myocarditis. In: Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 20, 2017.
- Atas H, et al. Two cases of acute myocarditis with multiple intracardiac thrombi: The role of huypercoagulable states. Heart Views. 2014;15:22.
- Stopping the spread of germs at home, work & school. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/stopgerms.htm. Accessed Feb. 21, 2017.
- Heart-healthy lifestyle changes. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/heart-healthy-lifestyle-changes#. Accessed Feb. 21, 2017.
- Mayo Clinic finds myocarditis caused by infection on rise globally. Mayo Clinic News Network. http://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/mayo-clinic-finds-myocarditis-caused-by-infection-on-rise-globally/. Accessed Feb. 21, 2017.
- Riggin ER. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 16, 2017.
- Heymans S, et al. The quest for new approaches in myocarditis and inflammatory cardiomyopathy. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2016;68:2348.
- Sinagra G, et al. Myocarditis in clinical practice. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2016;91:1256.
- Mankad R (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 6, 2017.
- Cooper LT, et al. The role of endomyocardial biopsy in the management of cardiovascular disease: A scientific statement from the American Heart Association, the American College of Cardiology, and the European Society of Cardiology. Circulation. 2007;116:2216.
News, connections and conversations for your health