Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments that treat this condition
Mayo Clinic doctors and scientists are studying new medications and therapies to determine which ones might effectively manage myelofibrosis and provide new treatment options. Mayo Clinic offers myelofibrosis clinical trials based on the latest treatment advances. Learn more about hematology research.
Cancer research is conducted in coordination with the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center receives funding from the National Cancer Institute and is designated as a comprehensive cancer center — recognition for an institution's scientific excellence and multidisciplinary resources focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on myelofibrosis on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Myelofibrosis care at Mayo Clinic
Aug. 12, 2017
- AskMayoExpert. Primary myelofibrosis. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Kaushansky K, et al., eds. Primary myelofibrosis. In: Williams Hematology. 9th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2016. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed Sept. 22, 2016.
- Hoffman R, et al. Primary myelofibrosis. In: Hematology: Basic Principles and Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 22, 2016.
- Tefferi A. Myeloproliferative neoplasms: A decade of discoveries and treatment advances. American Journal of Hematology. 2016;91:50.
- Thorium. Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxfaqs/tf.asp?id=659&tid=121. Accessed Sept. 22, 2016.
- Jakafi (prescribing information). Wilmington, Del.: Incyte Corp.; 2016. http://www.jakafi.com. Accessed Sept. 22, 2016.
- Blood-forming stem cell transplants. National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/types/stem-cell-transplant/stem-cell-fact-sheet. Accessed Sept. 22, 2016.
- Mesa RA. The evolving treatment paradigm in myelofibrosis. Leukemia & Lymphoma. 2013;2:242.
- Tefferi A, et al. One thousand patients with primary myelofibrosis: The Mayo Clinic experience. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2012;87:25.
- Palliative care. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Sept. 22, 2016.
- Riggin ER. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 19, 2016.