Nov. 27, 2014
Below are current clinical trials.1 studies in Muscular dystrophy
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
To establish a repository of DNA samples collected prospectively from patients with inherited myopathies of unknown molecular and/or biochemical defect. To access residual muscle specimens from diagnostic muscle biopsies obtained as part of the routine medical care. The biospecimens will be used to better understanding the underlying molecular defects and mechanisms of muscle diseases.
- Darras BT. Clinical features and diagnosis of Duchenne and Beck muscular dystrophy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 24, 2014.
- NINDS muscular dystrophy information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/md/md.htm. Accessed Oct. 23, 2014.
- Mercuri E, et al. Muscular dystrophies. The Lancet. 2013;381:845.
- Benditt JO, et al. Pulmonary issues in patients with chronic neuromuscular disease. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 2013;187:1046.
- Darras BT, et al. Myotonic dystrophy: Etiology, clinical features, and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 24, 2014.
- Darras BT. Treatment of Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 23, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. What physical and occupational therapy interventions are available for muscular dystrophy (MD)? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. Can braces or adaptive equipment help with muscular dystrophy? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Darras BT. Patient information: Overview of muscular dystrophies (beyond the basics). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 23, 2014.
- Selcen D (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 3, 2014.
- Abresch RT, et al. Exercise in neuromuscular diseases. Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Clinics of North America. 2012;23:653.