Tests and diagnosis
Eye exam — Overview covers definition, what to expect and results of vision testing.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Treatments and drugs
A pacemaker can correct a heartbeat that's too slow. Find out the risks, results and recovery time of the procedure to implant a pacemaker.
May 20, 2014
- Daroff RB, et al. Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 1, 2014.
- Ubhi K, et al. Multiple system atrophy: A clinical and neuropathological perspective. Trends in Neurosciences. 2011;34:581.
- Wenning GK, et al. The natural history of multiple system atrophy: A prospective European cohort study. The Lancet Neurology. 2013;12:264.
- Multiple system atrophy fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/msa/detail_msa.htm. Accessed March 1, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 1, 2014.
- Factor SA, et al. Multiple system atrophy: Prognosis and treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- FDA approves Northera to treat neurogenic orthostatic hypotension. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/ucm386311.htm. Accessed March 11, 2014.
- Sandroni P (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 11, 2014.