A sleep disorder can affect your overall health, safety and quality of life.
You may have a blood pressure test as a part of a routine doctor's appointment or to check for high blood pressure or heart disease.
Dysarthria is a speech disorder caused by an inability to control or coordinate the muscles used for speaking.
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a test that provides valuable clues about your heart health. Here's what you need to know about the test.
Erectile dysfunction (ED) can be the result of physical or psychological causes or both. Discover what causes ED and what treatments are available.
Eye exam — Overview covers definition, what to expect and results of vision testing.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Orthostatic hypotension (postural hypotension) is a form of low blood pressure that occurs when you stand up.
A pacemaker can correct a heartbeat that's too slow. Find out the risks, results and recovery time of the procedure to implant a pacemaker.
A tilt table test is used to investigate the cause of fainting (syncope).
May. 20, 2014
- Daroff RB, et al. Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 1, 2014.
- Ubhi K, et al. Multiple system atrophy: A clinical and neuropathological perspective. Trends in Neurosciences. 2011;34:581.
- Wenning GK, et al. The natural history of multiple system atrophy: A prospective European cohort study. The Lancet Neurology. 2013;12:264.
- Multiple system atrophy fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/msa/detail_msa.htm. Accessed March 1, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 1, 2014.
- Factor SA, et al. Multiple system atrophy: Prognosis and treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- FDA approves Northera to treat neurogenic orthostatic hypotension. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/ucm386311.htm. Accessed March 11, 2014.
- Sandroni P (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 11, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.