Below are current clinical trials.2 studies in Multiple system atrophy (MSA)
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The goals of the study are to prospectively evaluate clinical and laboratory biomarkers of disease activity in multiple system atrophy.
The purpose of this research study is to better understand why patients with a disease that causes problems with the autonomic nervous system often have high blood pressure when they lie down. We hope that if we learn more about the cause for this problem, we will be able to treat the problem better in the future.
June 17, 2017
- Daroff RB, et al. Disorders of the autonomic nervous system. In: Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 15, 2017.
- Factor SA, et al. Multiple system atrophy: Clinical features and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 15, 2017.
- Multiple system atrophy. National Organization of Rare Diseases. https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/multiple-system-atrophy/. Accessed March 19, 2017.
- Multiple system atrophy fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/msa/detail_msa.htm. Accessed March 13, 2017.
- Multiple system atrophy. Merck Manual Consumer Version. elizhttp://www.merckmanuals.com/home/brain,-spinal-cord,-and-nerve-disorders/autonomic-nervous-system-disorders/multiple-system-atrophy. Accessed March 19, 2017.
- Factor SA, et al. Multiple system atrophy: Prognosis and treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 15, 2017.
- Drug approval package: Northera (droxidopa) capsules approval letter. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/nda/2014/203202Orig1s000TOC.cfm. Accessed March 21, 2017.
- Sandroni P (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 22, 2017.
- Ferri FF. Multiple system atrophy. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 15, 2017.
- Coon EA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 22, 2017.
Multiple system atrophy (MSA)