With gentle movements and focused breathing, tai chi helps reduce stress and anxiety. See if it's right for you.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Sick to your stomach? Nausea and vomiting usually pass quickly but sometimes result from long-term or serious conditions.
Unexplained weight loss: Symptom — Overview covers possible causes of unexplained weight loss.
Tests and diagnosis
A complete blood count can be used to evaluate your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
A creatinine test reveals important information about your kidneys. Find out what the results of this common blood test mean for you.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Treatments and drugs
Radiation therapy is a common means of treating many types of cancer. Find out what to expect during your radiation therapy treatment.
Aug. 16, 2011
- Rajkumar SV, et al. Multiple myeloma and related disorders. In: Abeloff MD, et al. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2008. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/page.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-443-06694-8..50114-7&isbn=978-0-443-06694-8&uniqId=265138448-3#4-u1.0-B978-0-443-06694-8..50114-7--cesec26. Accessed July 9, 2011.
- Mercier LR. Bone tumor, primary malignant.In: Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2011: Instant Diagnosis and Treatment. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-05610-6..C2009-0-38600-6--TOP&isbn=978-0-323-056106&about=true&uniqId=230100505-53. Accessed July 9, 2011.
- Rajkumar SV. Clinical features, laboratory manifestations, and diagnosis of multiple myeloma. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed July 9, 2011.
- Kyle RA, et al. Multiple myeloma. In: Bope ET, et al. Conn's Current Therapy. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4377-0986-5..C2009-0-38984-9--TOP&isbn=978-1-4377-0986-5&about=true&uniqId=236797353-5. Accessed July 9, 2011.
- Rajkumar SV. Initial chemotherapy for patients with high risk multiple myeloma.http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed July 9, 2011.
- Thalidomide. National Cancer Insitute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/druginfo/thalidomide. Accessed July 9, 2011
- Rajkumar SV. Initial chemotherapy for symptomatic multiple myeloma in patients who are not candidates for transplantation. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed July 9, 2011.
- Rajkumar SV. Treatment of the complications of multiple myeloma. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed July 9, 2011.
- Multiple myeloma: Lifestyle changes to consider during and after treatment. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/MultipleMyeloma/DetailedGuide/multiple-myeloma-after-lifestyle-changes. Accessed July 9, 2011.
- Multiple myeloma: How about your emotional health? American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/MultipleMyeloma/DetailedGuide/multiple-myeloma-after-emotional-health. Accessed July 9, 2011.
- Complementary and alternative methods for cancer management. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/TreatmentsandSideEffects/ComplementaryandAlternativeMedicine/complementary-and-alternative-methods-for-cancer-management. Accessed July 9, 2011.
- Lu Weidong, et al. The value of acupuncture in cancer care. Hematology/Oncology Clinics of North America. 2008;22:631.
- Rajkumar SV (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 25, 2011.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.