Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care like they've never experienced. See the stories of satisfied Mayo Clinic patients.
From Employee to Patient After Startling Multiple Myeloma Diagnosis
After receiving a surprising diagnosis, Patty Brown navigated her multiple myeloma treatment with support, guidance and care from her Mayo Clinic team ? and a few pancakes. Patty Brown was simply going in to catch up on some routine lab work she'd put off related to her Crohn's disease. But what began as routine turned [...]
Innovative Multiple Myeloma Care Renews a Pilot?s Energy and Outlook
At 81 years old, Harold Rogers has had quite a ride. For 30 years, the St. Mary?s, Georgia, resident was an air traffic controller and corporate jet pilot. But nothing prepared Harold for a diagnosis in early 2009 of multiple myeloma, a cancer of the plasma cells inside bone marrow, which is considered incurable. ?I?d [...]
Mother and Daughter Winning Battle With Cancer Despite Family History of the Disease
Most of us have known someone with cancer, either in our family or with a friend or an acquaintance. But cancer can be particularly cruel when it seems to target a specific family over and over again. For the Zepeda family of Miami, cancer has stricken a mother, her daughter, a number of other family [...]
Aug. 23, 2017
- Kaushansky K, et al., eds. Myeloma. In: Williams Hematology. 9th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2016. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed March 31, 2017.
- Ferri FF. Multiple myeloma. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 31, 2017.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Multiple myeloma and related disorders. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 23, 2017.
- Multiple myeloma. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed March 31, 2017.
- Plasma cell neoplasms (including multiple myeloma) treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/types/myeloma/patient/myeloma-treatment-pdq. Accessed April 23, 2017.
- Goldman L, et al., eds. Plasma cell disorders. In: Goldman-Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 30, 2017.
- Kyprolis (prescribing information). South San Francisco, Calif.: Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; 2012. http://www.kyprolis-hcp.com/. Accessed April 23, 2017.
- Velcade (prescribing information). Cambridge, Mass.: Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; 2012. http://www.velcade.com. Accessed April 23, 2017.
- Integrative medicine and complementary and alternative therapies. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. https://www.lls.org/treatment/integrative-medicine-and-complementary-and-alternative-therapies. Accessed April 23, 2017.
- Warner KJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 11, 2017.
- Russell SJ, et al. Remission of disseminated cancer after system oncolytic virotherapy. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2014;89:926.
- Ninlaro (prescribing information). Cambridge, Mass.: Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; 2016. https://www.ninlarohcp.com. Accessed April 30, 2017.
- AskMayoExpert. Multiple myeloma. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.