Mayo Clinic doctors trained in nervous system conditions (neurology) and other areas conduct extensive research in movement disorders. Researchers study genetics, molecular mechanisms, pathology, and diagnosis and treatment options for movement disorders.
Read more about movement disorders research on the neurology research website and at the Morris K. Udall Parkinson's Disease Research Center of Excellence website.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on movement disorders on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Sep. 11, 2014
- Charles H. Adler, M.D., Ph.D.
- J. Eric Ahlskog, M.D., Ph.D.
- Eduardo E. Benarroch, M.D.
- Bradley F. Boeve, M.D.
- James H. Bower, M.D.
- Melinda S. Burnett, M.D.
- John N. Caviness, M.D.
- Dennis W. Dickson, M.D.
- Erika D. Driver-Dunckley, M.D.
- Brent P. Goodman, M.D.
- Anhar Hassan, M.B., B.Ch.
- Keith A. Josephs, M.D.
- Suresh Kotagal, M.D.
- Kendall H. Lee, M.D., Ph.D.
- Phillip A. Low, M.D.
- Kenneth J. Mack, M.D., Ph.D.
- Joseph Y. Matsumoto, M.D.
- Andrew McKeon, M.B., B.Ch., M.D.
- Elliott Richelson, M.D.
- Walter A. Rocca, M.D.
- Owen A. Ross, Ph.D.
- Paola Sandroni, M.D., Ph.D.
- Squire (Matt) M. Stead, M.D., Ph.D.
- Ryan J. Uitti, M.D.
- Robert E. Wharen Jr., M.D.
- Zbigniew K. Wszolek, M.D.
- Shu-Hui C. Yen, Ph.D.
- Movement disorders. American Association of Neurological Surgeons. http://www.aans.org/Patient%20Information/Conditions%20and%20Treatments/Movement%20Disorders.aspx. Accessed Aug. 18, 2014.
- Daroff RB, et al. Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 18, 2014.
- Overview of movement and cerebellar disorders. The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/neurologic_disorders/movement_and_cerebellar_disorders/overview_of_movement_and_cerebellar_disorders.html. Accessed Aug. 18, 2014.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 10, 2014.
- Use of botulinum neurotoxin injections to treat movement disorders. American Academy of Neurology. https://www.aan.com/Guidelines/Home/GetGuidelineContent/283. Accessed Aug. 18, 2014.
- Restless legs syndrome fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/restless_legs/detail_restless_legs.htm. Accessed Aug. 18, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.