Sept. 11, 2014
Below are current clinical trials.6 studies in Movement disorders
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
To evaluate efficacy and tolerability of electrical counter-stimulation using the Scrambler device in alleviating uncomfortable sensations and urge to move in patients with restless legs syndrome/Willis Ekbom Disease.
The aim of this protocol is to design a measurement paradigm that reliably detects EEG oscillatory patterns during movement, relaxation, or imagination. These techniques will be applied to normal controls and dystonic patients to define differences in the patterns between the two groups.
The goals of the study are to prospectively evaluate clinical and laboratory biomarkers of disease activity in multiple system atrophy.
Jacksonville, Fla., Rochester, Minn.
The purpose of this study is to assess the internal consistency and construct validity of the scale, assess test-retest reliability, intra-rater reliability, inter-rater reliability, reliability between in-person and telephone administration of the scale, to determine the sensitivity of the scale to detect changes over time.
Scottsdale/Phoenix, Ariz., Rochester, Minn.
The purpose of this study is to establish a repository consisting of clinical information, radiological data, serum, peripheral blood lymphocytes, plasma, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), urine, stool, DNA and tissue specimens collected from patients who have central nervous system (CNS) inflammatory diseases.
To learn more about the biomarkers for preclinical parkinson's disease.
- Movement disorders. American Association of Neurological Surgeons. http://www.aans.org/Patient%20Information/Conditions%20and%20Treatments/Movement%20Disorders.aspx. Accessed Aug. 18, 2014.
- Daroff RB, et al. Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 18, 2014.
- Overview of movement and cerebellar disorders. The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/neurologic_disorders/movement_and_cerebellar_disorders/overview_of_movement_and_cerebellar_disorders.html. Accessed Aug. 18, 2014.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 10, 2014.
- Use of botulinum neurotoxin injections to treat movement disorders. American Academy of Neurology. https://www.aan.com/Guidelines/Home/GetGuidelineContent/283. Accessed Aug. 18, 2014.
- Restless legs syndrome fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/restless_legs/detail_restless_legs.htm. Accessed Aug. 18, 2014.