Part of Mayo Clinic's commitment to its patients involves conducting medical research that helps people live longer, healthier lives. Clinical trials are research studies that involve volunteer participants. These human studies help doctors better understand diagnose, treat, and prevent diseases or conditions.
Mayo Clinic has thousands of active clinical trials and research studies; and coordinates national clinical trials with other medical centers. See Mayo's clinical trials website and search for a study by condition, treatment or drug name.
Mayo Clinic researchers continually develop new studies, so ask your health care provider about clinical studies or visit ClinicalTrials.gov to learn about additional research opportunities.
Nov. 17, 2015
- Flint PW, et al. Malignant neoplasms of the oral cavity. In: Cummings Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 26, 2015.
- Head and neck cancers. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Oct. 26, 2015.
- What you need to know about oral cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/publications/patient-education/wyntk-oral-cancer. Accessed Oct. 26, 2015.
- Lip and oral cavity cancer treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/types/head-and-neck/hp/lip-mouth-treatment-pdq. Accessed Oct. 26, 2015.
- The oral cancer exam. National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research. http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/OralHealth/Topics/OralCancer/TheOralCancerExam.htm. Accessed Oct. 26, 2015.
- Cancer-related fatigue. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Oct. 26, 2015.
- Erbitux (prescribing information). Branchburg, N.J.: Eli Lilly and Company; 2015. http://www.erbitux.com. Accessed Oct. 27, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Head and neck cancers. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Cook AJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 30, 2016.
- Van Abel, KM. (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 14, 2016.