Find out what to expect during and after your cortisone shot.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
May. 16, 2013
- Thomas JL, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of forefoot disorders. Section 3. Morton's intermetatarsal neuroma. The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery. 2009;48:251.
- Imboden JB, et al. Current Rheumatology Diagnosis & Treatment. 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2007. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=38. Accessed Feb. 20, 2013.
- Adams WR. Morton's neuroma. Clinics in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery. 2010; 27:535.
- Morton's neuroma. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00158. Accessed Feb. 20, 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. What treatment options are available for Morton neuroma? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Weller GG (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 26, 2013.
- Callahan LR. Overview of running injuries of the lower extremity. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 20, 2013.
- Neuromas. American Podiatric Medical Association. http://www.apma.org/learn/FootHealth.cfm?ItemNumber=987. Accessed Feb. 20, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.