Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Treatments and drugs
Find out what to expect during and after your cortisone shot.
May 16, 2013
- Thomas JL, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of forefoot disorders. Section 3. Morton's intermetatarsal neuroma. The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery. 2009;48:251.
- Imboden JB, et al. Current Rheumatology Diagnosis & Treatment. 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2007. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=38. Accessed Feb. 20, 2013.
- Adams WR. Morton's neuroma. Clinics in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery. 2010; 27:535.
- Morton's neuroma. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00158. Accessed Feb. 20, 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. What treatment options are available for Morton neuroma? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Weller GG (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 26, 2013.
- Callahan LR. Overview of running injuries of the lower extremity. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 20, 2013.
- Neuromas. American Podiatric Medical Association. http://www.apma.org/learn/FootHealth.cfm?ItemNumber=987. Accessed Feb. 20, 2013.